Friday, June 29, 2012

H3


Steve here,

I would like to share some photos of the residences at Hancock, Hope and Howard Streets in Northern Liberties- we call it H3. It’s coming along quite nicely, and as a relatively new addition these types of projects I’m still awed by the transition from Sketchup to the real thing. Special thanks to Jose for managing the project splendidly in the face of countless obstacles, so much so that H3 has become a litmus test against which all US Construction projects are measured:

“They completely ignored our drawings, it’s H3 all over again!”

In many ways H3 was for me a baptism by fire. It was my first large-scale project, and from it I learned that the construction process can be painful, that coordination can be a nightmare, and that foundation plans are subject to change without notice and without warning. But in spite of everything, we still delivered a product that remains true to its design intent with a dynamic presence in Northern Liberties. But I digress...






No comments:

Post a Comment